SailNet Community - View Single Post - How much of a propane smell?
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Sailor-

Most of the appliances have a top plate that can be unbolted, allowing you pretty good access to all of the fittings and hoses. As TB pointed out, the run from the solenoid valve to the stove should be a single continuous run of uninterrupted hose or pipe... preferably hose, since the pipe is subject to corrosion and vibration induced fatigue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailortjk1 View Post
I had to change over from tank 1 to tank 2 two weeks ago. When I did, I noticed that the pigtail started to leak at the fitting conected to the regulator. I closed the tank immediately. Last night I replaced the pigtail and did the soap and water test. It checked out.

But, how do you get at the fitting and hoses to check the connections at the appliance? Unless you have a chafe problem, the hose itself should be fine... and the main points where chafe occurs are usually where it passes through a bulkhead. These points should have the hose protected from chafe by a grommet or some other similar device.

We have a two burner stove and oven. I loose sight of the supply hose after it leaves the propane locker. I imagine it runs through the lazzerette, than into the cabin and behind the stove.

Do you soap and water the whole supply hose? Just the fittings?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.

Last edited by sailingdog; 08-31-2007 at 10:54 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook