SailNet Community - View Single Post - Inflatable Kayaks
View Single Post
post #18 of Old 05-31-2014
skygazer

Re: Inflatable Kayaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake1 View Post
If anybody has any experience with any of the ones that I mentioned, please let me know. I'll probably be making a purchase within the next week.
Hi Chesapeake, I'm sure you read my detailed post on page one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer View Post
We use a sea eagle, the larger one (370). We like it. It's better to think of it as an inflatable canoe.
I'm just writing to say that we still like our Sea Eagle 370, and it's still our first choice when going to the sailboat. Last season we had a very rough time anchored in a protected cove at the ocean edge of the Casco bay islands, the storm came from an unexpected direction - high winds, rough with big swells off the Gulf of Maine, very heavy rain. A much bigger boat was being tossed as bad as we were, and we felt like we were on a spinning bucking bronco! I can't imagine the trouble we would have been in if I couldn't flip the dinghy over. The rain would have quickly added hundreds of pounds of weight to yank on the tie up line.

Actually right now I'm restoring a beautiful older quality hard canoe, fiberglass (repairable) with aluminum gunwales and decks. The seats are hung below the gunwales on aluminum panels - lowering the seats increases stability, compared to many newer canoes with the seats bolted to the gunwales. So I have lots of choices but always pick the Sea Eagle.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome