SailNet Community - View Single Post - Had an oopsie, need the name of a part.
View Single Post
post #3 of Old 06-01-2014
Senior Member
christian.hess's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Columbus, Ga
Posts: 4,589
Thanks: 189
Thanked 190 Times in 185 Posts
Rep Power: 4
Re: Had an oopsie, need the name of a part.


you need to learn the basic terms so people on here know what you are talking about exactly

if I were to guess what you are trying to say

connectors are turnbuckles or toggles
aluminum mount tang or strap

I beleive on your other thread you just purchased a dinghy...if so its likely you dont have turnbuckles but adjustable tangs or extenders that have many holes in them that you adjust by moving the pins up or down... what the wires are attached are called terminals or swaged eyes or ends...

anyways a pic would help us understanding what your next course of action is

good luck


Merit 25 sold...Islander 36 still afloat? who knows...Im still in Columbus, and back...I think...jajajaja!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
christian.hess is offline  
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome