SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rediscovering one's "Self"
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014
arrgh!

titustiger27 is on a distinguished road
Re: Rediscovering one's "Self"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastlife247 View Post
So I'm an introvert. Have always been the inward thinker bored with small talk, and only really paying attention to conversations that interest me or I find perplexing.

So when I meet girls I steer clear of I live on a sailboat unless they specifically ask. Because it only describes a thing I do not who I am.

I became a liveaboard Last April. I love my fortress of solitude but I'm also 25 so still feel the need to socialize "drink socially" on weekends. The one night stands are fun, but how do I use the most of the minimalist lifestyle I have.

Currently reading Walden by Henry David Thoreau and having a minor existential crisis.

Note: if you don't know who Henry David Thoreau or what the word existential means, maybe you shouldn't comment...

My question is how do I rediscover the self I once knew so well?

Maybe some older liveaboards will be able to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First things first, figure out how to use your iPhone and remove that sig file of "Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk" if you are bored with small talk --- which is one of the many pleasantries that the human species does --- then you should really be upset with the people who input a boring statement in every internet post they make.

2) Why would you a) not want to let people know where you live, which could be one of the most interesting things about you. Also b) living on a boat IS who you are... just as the fact I own a small house in one town and rent an apartment in another is part of who I am. It might not be all of who you are, but it is fact... if you met someone who lived in a teepee, it would be part of who s/he is as well.

To me it sounds like you want to re-invent who you are --- even if it is to re-invent who you were....

Maybe you have heard the saying: "If you don't know where you are going --- any road will get you there."

Now if you know where you want to go --- then get out a map and plot your course. If you want to be a gigolo living on a boat -- living the gravy life of one night stands --- I think you might have plotted your course already.

What were you, that you want to be... head for that. But I would ask yourself, do you want that...which is going to be hard, since how do you 'un-educate' yourself?

Maybe you should run for Commodore of your yacht club.

Vector X + Y

Last edited by titustiger27; 06-02-2014 at 10:33 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook