SailNet Community - View Single Post - A gripe - The most unseamanlike vessels on the planet?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
I think the perception is that sailors are experts in seamanship and eventhough a vessel under sail is a beauty to behold.... the onlookers don't really see the chaos the sailing crew may be under. I wasssss an expert the first time I launched my hunter 23! Noooooo one looked at me and thought I was like the "others" lol While it's amusing.. (refering to my other thread "docking paranoia") let us not forget that many of us have been young, inexperianced, drunk, rude, angry, ignorant and a host of other human conditons. I know first hand that many sailors partake of the "evil rum" too! I'm sure no one knows about "beer can racing regattas" lol.

Just my 2 cents

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook