SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaMC View Post
I don't know if it has been mentioned but the boat brand that started this thread off way back, Sirus, has moved ahead with their new 40DS. Here is a 3D of it.

These are really cool pilot houses for northern latitudes and they put tons of thought into the design with lots of owner feedback. The site is full of images where they are test fitting the interior with mockups.

And here is the first hull.

Very beautiful boats and definitely interesting. Hope this wasn't a dupe but was checking out their site and couldn't help but be interested in the updates.
It is funny that you that live and sail on high latitude think the boat is suited while some that don't sail there see it as too sophisticated.

Many think about high latitude as uncharted waters but that is not the case in Alaska? or North of Europe. I don't now Alaska but on the North of Europe plenty of nice little ports and interesting places to visit. The boat is not designed as an exploration boat but as a very comfortable boat to live and sail on high latitudes (civilized) countries and for that I think it is a sweet boat. It is also a boat designed for the older (solo) sailor and for those mechanical and hydraulic help is needed to substitute the lost youth and force. Anyway, the boat will be so expensive that probably only the very rich or the very old will have the money to afford it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook