SailNet Community - View Single Post - Island hopping between BVI and USVI?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: Island hopping between BVI and USVI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccriders View Post
Thread resurrection in progress!
I'm leaving next week for BVI and 10 day charter with Conch. After studying the cruising guide and planning charts, I'm intrigued with St. John, especially the north shore. I don't find much here on including St. John in a cruise, and need to know if I still have to clear BVI customs outbound, US customs inbound, but not outbound, and then BVI customs inbound upon return? How long after clearing out with BVI does one have to actually get out of Dodge? Do you think I could clear out in Tortola, overnight at Norman Island and then clear inbound to USVI the next day?
That way I could do a circumnavigation of St John and spend one or two nights on the north shore and then head back to Soppers Hole to clear into BVI customs or back to tortola if I left off JVD.
So that begs the question, "Is JVD a must see?"
Thanks,
John
How did it go? Did you check out of BVI and into USVI? How did the logistics work for you? And how was Conch? (I've heard mixed reviews on them.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook