SailNet Community - View Single Post - Forestay toggle(s)
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014
"Nubile Southern Sailor"

christian.hess is on a distinguished road
Re: Forestay toggle(s)

cool...yeah In general terms Im not a fan of roller furling but I understand its benefits but I also know there are many many many amateur and "pro" installations that are done badly inlcuding badly sized forestay or no toggles etc...

stays on furlers in general terms should be replaced twice as often as hank on stays...

so that translates to roughly every 5 years...

another issue I hate about most roller furlers is the inaccesability of the riggng under, most owner dont want to dissasemble the unit in order to check the condition of the swages or terminals etc...

Im also a fan of swaged stay up top and mechanical on bottom...a swaged up top wont suffer much crevice corrosion since water and stuff wont trickle into it, you save some money and you can get the exact forestay length for your boat with the use if any mechanical terminal you want

norseman, hayn, staylock etc...

anywhoo good luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook