SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cruising the US east coast and Bahamas 07-08
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007

kmclarke is on a distinguished road
Hi Cam ,
Thanks for the info.
I was thinking about the bimini route because I was under the impression that that is the most simple and shortest legs. i would prefer not to make any landfalls in the dark and the bimini seems a sure way to accomplish that. I have to confess that so far a lot of my route planning info has come from here and most recently the latest cruising world. My charts are on order and I have been preoccupied with the other details of this adventure, So for now route planning that far down is mostly a matter of what sounds good. We will make much more definate plans as we near FL. Unfortunately there are no sailors where we live for us to ask the "stupid" questions.
Our plan is to cross in mid to late NOV and then sail around the Abacos and then work our way down south. We don't have to see everything or go to the very best spots as everything will be brand new to us, so our number one priority is for everyone to have fun and not be scared , so we will be playing it ultra safe and go as slow as we need to. So if you or anyone else has any route ideas ....Don't be shy.
Kevin
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook