SailNet Community - View Single Post - replacing foam in berth cushions
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley18 View Post
Next month.. can't wait. We've got the Open Day for the 18's & 21's here in Melbourne on 30th September at Docklands. Port Phillip is pretty good (waterside cafe's), although the chop can be nasty when the wind gets up. The Gippsland Lakes is fantastic, but my dream is to spend a week off up the Hawkesbury.

You should wander along where they're rigging up one day and ask for a ride. The NSW web site is: http://home.iprimus.com.au/youngenr/ts16/

Even though the design is 30-years old, Hartleys are really fun to sail and extremely solid (one club member rolled his car whilst towing a '21 on a back road, winding up upside-down, trailer on top, with no more damage than a broken companionway hatch) and roomy for their size - I reckon there is more usable space in our 18 than in an RL24.

As the logo says: "Classic not Plastic".

--Cameron
Looks like I have hijacked another thread. Bad Wombat.

I'd reckon the TS would be great for a semi camping tour of the Hawkesbury. No problem getting a TS under the bridges and , particularly in the cooler months when the skiers are off for the winter, the Hawkesbury is simply lovely and you've also got Cowan Creek and Smith's Creek with lots of lovely little bays to anchor in overnight. Our old boat could just get under the Harwkesbury Bridges and I miss not being able to head upriver.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook