SailNet Community - View Single Post - Another "Next Generation" anchor enters the market...
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014

noelex77 is on a distinguished road
Re: Another "Next Generation" anchor enters the market...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurphny View Post
I would like to hear from folks who have been using the Mantus for a while now as per any rusting, bending, wear and tear issues. Looking at all the anchor options, I believe a 65# Mantus will be my next main anchor.
Mantus have sent me an anchor to test. It is still early days with about 50 nights at anchor so far.

I dive and inspect my anchor underwater quite carefully (and did the same with my previous Rocna, which I had for five years). The Mantus so far has been very impressive. Its stability when rotating around to a new wind direction and performance at short scope has been particularly excellent.

It you are concerned about bending, it is worth looking at the warranty anchor manufacturers offer. Most companies proudly state a lifetime warranty, but exclude deformation.
Mantus, Fortress, Rocna, Ultra and Anchor Right are the only manufacturers that cover you if you get your anchor stuck under a rock and bend it. Mantus go a bit further and include free shipping.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to noelex77 For This Useful Post:
smurphny (06-10-2014)