SailNet Community - View Single Post - What''s needed on 1st boat?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2002

DonFoley is on a distinguished road
What''''s needed on 1st boat?

Dave,
We have a set of pots that fit into each other with separate handles, the lids are skillets. Kind of like camp-ware, but much higher quality and much thicker. I can''t remember the brand. They provide all the pots and pans we need and stow into the oven. With that I also store a larger skillet and a six-cup muffin tray (we always use paper cup liners).
Other than that, it''s normal kitchen stuff, cooking spoons and spatulas, silverware. Can openers, bottle openers, measuring cups and the normal stuff.
For staples I keep around a lot of pasta, flour, sugar, microwave popcorn, muffin mix (just add water type) cereal, hot chocolate, oatmeal and oodles of crackers. All are individually sealed (vacuum seal or zip-lock) and non of the original cardboard is kept. Everything is re-packed. I run a bug-free boat, so I''m fanatical about that. Roaches will even eat the glue that holds boxes together.
I also keep a good range of spices aboard, and try to rotate them with my home stock so they don''t loose flavor.
There''s more, I''m sure, but that gives you a feel of our operation.

Don
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook