SailNet Community - View Single Post - relocating/replacing diesel tank/s to front
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007
1934 Chickering

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
relocating/replacing diesel tank/s to front

My Oday 30 has the fuel tank behind the engine which is under the cockpit. I'm wondering if there is any reason to not (if there is room and I think there is) go under the Vee berth. Other then it being about 12 ft to the engine. The sloshing of the fuel could be a problem But I don't think so...

Rather then deal with cleaning the old tank. I'd go for 2 smaller tanks or a long skinny one. That should take about 125-200 lbs off the aft end of the boat and give me lots more storage back there. The fuel fill could be routed to the front but I would most likely install a new fill up there. The old fuel fill would be changed to a water fill for my port water bag under the main salon bunk.

I think too much!

My boat is for sale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook