SailNet Community - View Single Post - Angry at my surveyor....
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014
Schooner Captain

UnionPacific is on a distinguished road
Re: Angry at my surveyor....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedSailor View Post

1: Soft wood at the tab in a forward bulkhead. (Is a soft bulkead really an ABYC standard??? Couldn't find it if it is. They also don't provide much strength to my boat.) bulkheads are very important in the event of a hole in the boat.
2: Household wire nuts found in 3 locations. (2 are decommissioned wires and one was unknown to me) How did he know they were household? my yacht has hundreds of marine grade nuts
3: Start of soft wood at the aft end of the bowsprit (been keeping an eye on this. Again, is there an ABYC standard for this?)
4: Fuel gauge wiring is bare wire and needs terminal. (gauge broken, is on the to-do list) dangerous for two reasons.
5: Shifting cable starting to rust through. (Just found this at haulout definitely need to replace)
6: No carbon monoxide detector aboard.HAve him amend the survey (Yes, I have one but he didn't find it)
7: Engine exhaust hose single clamped (don't know how I, or my previous surveyor missed something so obvious)$5 fix
8: Inverter positive wire terminal exposed (news to me. I never use it. Will fix) $2 fix
9: Flares expired. (wrong. Got new ones, he only found the expired stash)
amend the survey
10: Fuel fill hose at deck is single clamped. (didn't know it needed double)
I think ours is too, good ida to have two, rather then a bilge full of fuel.
My thoughts. I dont think the whole list will cost more then $1500 combined, get to work!

woops, didnt see the date

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by UnionPacific; 06-13-2014 at 07:17 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook