SailNet Community - View Single Post - Angry at my surveyor....
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Re: Angry at my surveyor....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryewe View Post

Why are the codes behind firewalls requiring payment? Never mind...I know...because "they" can make money by charging for them.

Doesn't make sense to me to have "codes" that everyone is expected to meet and then keep them "secret" unless you pay...but this isn't the first time something hasn't made sense to me and probably won't be the last.
I listen to a LOT of podcasts. One interviewed the then head of the ABYC (no idea if he's still there). At the time he said the same thing you did and said publicly that if you sign up for the free trial period you can download the regs for free. He encouraged people to do it. I did and downloaded a bunch of documents. If you PM me your email address I will zip them up and send them to you. They are dated 2011 so I don't know if anything has changed. I have no idea how often they get updated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne

Last edited by DRFerron; 06-13-2014 at 06:55 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to DRFerron For This Useful Post:
MedSailor (06-14-2014)