SailNet Community - View Single Post - Phoofy Ladies
Thread: Phoofy Ladies
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007

HoffaLives is on a distinguished road
Phoofy Ladies

How many liveaboards are single dudes? It seems to me that in this question of how big, how much, depends to a great extent on whether the distaff has a say or not. Single guys have little need for galley or personal hygiene space (shower) while most ladies shriek if there isn't enough space to store 100 pairs of shoes. I've seen some boats that were little more than floating caves (and the residents little more than troglodytes), but they were all guys livin' a man's life. You can usually tell when they moved - "hey it' a dude, not a driftwood stump". Dreadlocks look just like moss when the light is bad.

Chicks don't seem to get that a bed and a tarp is sufficient as long as you are on the water. I could do fine on a Hobie 16 with a tent and camp stove but my own ball and chain needs teak and sound system and hot water and chocolate at just the right temperature.
Can anyone tell me why a tent and stars and sun and a great boat isn't enough for wimmen, dammit?

Old guys get just like their wives with their hot water bottles and spas so their vote don't count. A real seaman chews nails fer vitamins. Damn, that good scotch went dwon awful fast.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook