SailNet Community - View Single Post - I created an app to help sailing beginners with the basics!
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 06-19-2014 Thread Starter
MarianFrische
Developer

Smile I created an app to help sailing beginners with the basics!

Hello everyone!

My name is Marian Frische and I am the developer of an app called "Sailknowledge Compact". Initially it was only meant to assist my father, but because I got lots of feedback from other people I decided to release (and sell) it to the public.

I am just gonna quote the text I wrote for the shops, because that explains best what the app actually includes
Quote:
Containing all important information like terminology, tacks, basic maneuvers, right of way rules and information about knots, it is the perfect way to aid learning, improving and remembering crucial details and necessary steps.

Currently the app features three basic guides that will help you remember the sailing terminology like port and starboard, leeward and windward and the different points of sail. It also features four different basic maneuvers that every sailor should know - docking, jibing, tacking and the man overboard rescue turn. Furthermore it will also guide you through the right of way rules with different examples for each rule. Last but not least the app also explains five different knots, how to tie them and where they are commonly used.
The app is for Android and iOS smartphones and tablets, and there is also a PC (Win/OSX) version out. You can find the specific shop link on my website - MarianFrische.com / Sailknowledge Compact

There is also a preview video for the mobiles version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg-_O8J40zE

If you got any question, feel free to ask me, preferably by sending me an email at hello (at) marianfrische.com

Anyone that is interesting in reviewing the app for a magazine/website or whatever can also contact me for promo codes (iOS) or custom download (Android/Win/Mac) at that mail address.

Thanks everybody for reading and I hope you don't mind that "advertising text" being my first post here!
- Marian
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome