SailNet Community - View Single Post - Raymarine speedo question
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014

BarryL is on a distinguished road
Raymarine speedo question

Hey,

My new-to-me boat came with Raymarine instruments. The speedo seemed a little slow on the delivery trip, but it worked. The boat was hauled last October and was on the hard all winter and spring. Two weeks ago I painted the bottom and I noticed the speedo paddle wheel / impeller seemed difficult to turn. I painted the impeller, and splashed the boat. Now the speedo reads 0 no matter how fast the boat goes. I pulled the transducer and there is no marine growth on the paddle but it is hard to turn.

My old boat had ancient Datamarine instruments. When the speed stopped I would pull the transducer, press the pin out of the paddlewheel, clean, install, and be on my way.

The Raymarine transducer seems similar but the pin in the impeller doesn't want to come out and I don't want to break anything.

Am I missing something or do I need need to press the pin out, clean up the inside and press the pin on? I have the manual for the ST60 Tridata instrument, but does not cover the transducer and I'm not sure what transducer it is. There are two transducers, one for depth and one for speed. I believe the instruments are original (2002).

Thanks for any comments.

Barry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by BarryL; 06-24-2014 at 11:49 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook