SailNet Community - View Single Post - Liveaborders that never leave the slip? I don't get it. Help!
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007

66luders is on a distinguished road
I feel like I want to make a confession. Last night under the shade of darkness I delivered a dorm room style fridge to my sailboat. I have no intention of trying to power this fridge when not connected to shore power. So it will be completely useless while sailing... which i have done very little of since purchasing the boat.
I do want to sail it, and not just to move it to another marina. It is the first boat i have ever sailed and i intend to learn on it.
I also intend to rebuild the DC powered icebox. But... at the rate that i have been getting work done on my boat I know it will be a fare amount of time before i am able to sail it regularly. And in the mean time it will be good to have a refridgerator that i can leave on 24/7 and is independant of the boats ground system.
It fits the oven location well enough that I should be able to secure for sailing. Besides this fridgerator and a LCD tv for my daughter everything I do to the boat is with the intention of cruising on it. Oh... i forgot, i also have a shore water hook up with pressure regulator... but I am re-doing the onboard water system.

I still feel guilty... I guess because I havent sailed since the day i arrived at my current marina... that was in May. Pretty soon. pretty soon i will have the wiring done (all DC BTW, only ac is the battery charger.)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook