SailNet Community - View Single Post - Computers on Ships
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007

huguley3 is on a distinguished road
Regarding cruise ships and the conditions. That is kinda what I figured they would be like. It just seems like to much of a dream job that their would have to be a big downside since people would want to do it. If people want to do it then corporate will find a way to exploit it. The cramped quarters and lack of privacy would not be a big issue. If I can plan to join the Navy then a cruise ship can't be worse than that. Except for maybe the potential for beatings in international waters, the Navy probably does not do that.

The general reason I am looking into this is that I am kinda burned out on IT related things. A break or a different angle on IT(maybe radar,radio satellite comms etc) will help to reenergize me. I agree about the money to be made in IT its pretty hard to beat. It used to be that I loved my job so it was a win-win but atm I would rather get less money and do something I liked.

Thanks for the pointers and advice everyone. I will post back here with anything interesting I find for others who may have the same questions.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook