SailNet Community - View Single Post - Chartering on Lake Champlain
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007

latitude23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by csasser View Post
We have chartered the past 3 summers on Lake Champlain in upstate NY / Vermont and have used a broker call Navtours who has boats in Mooney Bay, NY. We have also heard about a company call Winds of Ireland in Burlington, VT. Has anyone had experiences with these companies, good or bad, and/or know of any other places to charter from on Lake Champlain. We are planning to go to the BVI next spring but may go again to the Lake as well.
I used to live just south of Burlington and chartered with Winds of Ireland several times ('95-'99) while saving up for my own boat. I thought they had a really good operation, but I was one of their few in-town customers, so they got to know me pretty well and took care of me - your experience may vary. They always kept the boats and gear in good shape and they were easygoing and friendly. Thankfully, I had no experience with their on-water service, so I can't give any advice there!

I keep meaning to head back up there and charter from them again (Lake Champlain is fantastic!), but life keeps getting in the way...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook