SailNet Community - View Single Post - How many women here own their own boat?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014
Admiral

janice142 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to janice142 Send a message via MSN to janice142 Send a message via Yahoo to janice142 Send a message via Skype™ to janice142
Re: How many women here own their own boat?

Owning a boat doesn't make you a boater any more than sleeping in the garage makes you a car. USING a boat is the difference, and few people (male or female) actually use their boats.

How many boats sit alone and neglected, rotting away in the sun? For me, what I like most is seeing a boat used. It doesn't have to be the shiniest boat at the yacht club, nor the largest -- just use the thing.

A few days ago I arrived in Steinhatchee, FL and I must say this place is brimming with boats being used. It's fun to watch the little 20'ers going in and out.

I will say that the larger boats don't seem to go any place at present. They, like me, may be waiting for a weather window before heading out. We shall see on Friday -- if the predictions are correct that's when I'm heading back out the channel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook