SailNet Community - View Single Post - How many women here own their own boat?
View Single Post
post #146 of Old 06-25-2014
Send a message via AIM to janice142 Send a message via MSN to janice142 Send a message via Yahoo to janice142 Send a message via Skype™ to janice142
Re: How many women here own their own boat?

Owning a boat doesn't make you a boater any more than sleeping in the garage makes you a car. USING a boat is the difference, and few people (male or female) actually use their boats.

How many boats sit alone and neglected, rotting away in the sun? For me, what I like most is seeing a boat used. It doesn't have to be the shiniest boat at the yacht club, nor the largest -- just use the thing.

A few days ago I arrived in Steinhatchee, FL and I must say this place is brimming with boats being used. It's fun to watch the little 20'ers going in and out.

I will say that the larger boats don't seem to go any place at present. They, like me, may be waiting for a weather window before heading out. We shall see on Friday -- if the predictions are correct that's when I'm heading back out the channel.

Janice aboard Seaweed, living the good life afloat...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome