SailNet Community - View Single Post - gross jobs :(
Thread: gross jobs :(
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007

BarryL is on a distinguished road
gross jobs :(

Hello,

When I bought my boat this past November I found out that the macerator did not work. No big deal, my marina has a pump out boat and a pump out station. Fixing the macerator was on my 'to do' list, but, for obvious reasons, was close to the bottom of the list.

So today I get the holding tank pumped out, and the operator tells me the station closes at the end of October. I like to sail as long as possible and don't usually have my boat hauled until the middle of November. There is no way I want the boat to sit all winter with 'stuff' in the holding tank.

Ok, since the holding tank is now empty, and I have some time, I might as well change the pump.

The actual work of changing the pump went quickly, but the cleanup took much longer. Of all the maintenance jobs I have ever performed, this was, by far, the most gross, disgusting work ever. I never want to go near another holding tank again! I must have washed my hands a dozen times, and I couldn't wait to take a shower when I got home.

But at least I can legally empty my holding tank before the boat gets hauled.

Barry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook