SailNet Community - View Single Post - How many women here own their own boat?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014
It's the Water and More

Me and Boo is on a distinguished road
Re: How many women here own their own boat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice142 View Post
Owning a boat doesn't make you a boater any more than sleeping in the garage makes you a car. USING a boat is the difference, and few people (male or female) actually use their boats.
I will say that the larger boats don't seem to go any place at present. They, like me, may be waiting for a weather window before heading out. We shall see on Friday -- if the predictions are correct that's when I'm heading back out the channel.
A lot depends on where you are and who you are with. A lively dock with many people in and out every weekend and a few week days encourages everyone to get out and have fun. When plans are made to raft up and party in easy access locations, people will join in.

I do own Sisu and we (Boo and me) do go out. The weather has less to do with it than what condition Sisu is in (engine is currently seized and needs to be torn down - I can do that). Boo and I, along with several dock mates enjoy when we have 15 to 25 knt winds, seas 1 to 3 ft are fine, higher winds and seas are fun too. You have to trust your boat and your skills. Hiding in the berth when the breeze is over 10knt is silly. Get out and pound some waves.