SailNet Community - View Single Post - So, how do I prepare for a 5 year cruise with kids?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007

Jim H is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
Jim-

Lovely job on the photos...
Thanks, Sailingdog.

Today was a good day-- my wife passed her first RYA Certification (Dinghy Sailing). I sailed Laser IIs in college, but this was her first time on a small sailboat, and I think it was a great experience for her. Doing things like the capsize drill are good confidence-builders-- and she proved to herself that she could right the boat on her own (a RS Vision). The winds were up to 25 knots, and she had "Force 4" recorded on her paperwork.

We've joined the Wembley Sailing Club, and I'm looking forward to sailing their boats on the resevoir. Both of our kids are very excited about taking the Opti sailing classes in the spring.

Next weekend, I get to sail out of Hamble, and start my RYA 2 certification. We're both ASA 104 certified, but the RYA certifications are more intense (especially in the areas of night sailing and navigation). So, it's kind of fun to start over again with the basics, and learn what a pushpit is.

Here's a gallery of pictures from Steph's RYA 1 Dinghy sailing class today:

http://www.photos.sailingvoyage.com/v/album_013/

Jim H
London, UK

Last edited by Jim H; 09-23-2007 at 04:18 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook