SailNet Community - View Single Post - 473 cabin upgrade
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014
Old as Dirt!

svHyLyte is on a distinguished road
Re: 473 cabin upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsealb473 View Post
I had asked for my profile to be deleted but since it wasn't...Why should I combine an electrical thread with a construction thread. Who I am, Where am I going?

As far as removing bulkheads its a modular cabin made to be removed..including the bulkheads and doors. Very common on Beneteaus originally built for charter.

I posted my questions here in the Beneteau section thinking some other Beneteau owner with a former charter boat would have done the same thing and have a helpful response.
Now I think I shall move on to the next Sailing BB.
Firstly, having an "attitude" when someone asks a perfectly reasonable question isn't going to get you very far, on this forum or elsewhere.

Beyond the foregoing, a forum such as sailnet involves folks that own, sail or otherwise lust after boats from the entire universe of yachts/boats of which the Beneteau 473 is a very minor, almost unnoticeable, part, particularly considering how few were constructed. To say that "I removed a bulkhead" to most any sailor with any experience sounds like a pretty serious move, unless one does know the 473 and what you described. And, for that matter, you did not remove a bulkhead (which is generally structural) you removed a partition/divider between two sides of a cabin that has no consequence. With that, there is no particular rocket science involved in designing and installing a berth to fit the space although, considering that Beneteau has already developed the design and it's parts are modular, you might find that contacting Beneteau USA would be more useful/rewarding (ask for Ward or Todd in parts) and that you can easily purchase what you need at far less cost. You might also/will certainly find that more information is available on Beneteau Owners forums such as BeneteauOwners.com - Home or https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/Beneteau-Owners.
"It is not so much for its beauty that the sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook