SailNet Community - View Single Post - I hate my boat
Thread: I hate my boat
View Single Post
post #17 of Old 09-24-2007
Valiente

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCGRET1990 View Post
If speed is a factor in your sailing life, get a race boat like Giu's, otherwise, sit back, relax, enjoy, who cares..?! Embrace Capt. Morgan..!
We cracked 7.3 knots yesterday on a 33 footer with a 26 foot waterline, but I knew that was 1 knot of favourable current. But as we were racing, I was more concerned that we pushed a 30 footer up and gave him some dirty air so that we could make the mark without a further tack, not the speed. A pair of near-identical CS 30s were jousting just behind us...that made four 10 foot wide boats in a roughly 45 foot wide slot...close quarters for some...One of the CS 30 made it into our draft and finally broke the deadlock with his rival and sailed close to us for the rest of the race: he was so pleased that we had inadvertantly done him a big favour that he bought the crew a jug of beer!

Felt good to race my old boat, which is now in the care of a new skipper for a few years. I never raced her myself, just cruised her quickly, mainly because I didn't want to pay $10,000 for new sails and a slick, faired bottom to have her reach her full potential. But after yesterday...
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome