SailNet Community - View Single Post - True Blue solo sailing
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007
Señor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the compliments guys - put it together quickly at home last night, not a lot of excitement to work with. I sure do regret not taking footage of the sail back to the marina though - when it was REALLY blowing like snot. The sound score would definitely have had a faster tempo.

Problem was I didn't reef before heading back north, so on the return leg south, I was close reaching in 26 kts with full main, mizzen and partly roller-reefed 150 Genoa. This meant I needed both hands to sail.

I said "Screw the camera, I'm having way too much fun!" . . . was a bit scary for a few moments, when the 5'-10" high aft deck rail was submerged . . . wife would have had a coronary. Hopefully, there will be other opportunities before season's end - that is, if I can continue dodging the honey-do list.

tenuki, Wish I had new sails - they're original, 20 years old. In spite of tight halyards, just can't get the baggies out.