SailNet Community - View Single Post - Malo 45' loses rudder, pulls an All is Lost
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014
Learning the HARD way...

eherlihy will become famous soon enough
Re: Malo 45' loses rudder, pulls an All is Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedSailor View Post
The only thing I could think of to do differently would be to cut away the rudder. With there being no lower pintle it "could" drop free, leaving a more static hole to try and fill. Still, that'd take some stones to cut your own rudder off....
My thought too...

I am not sure how many of you have seen this video (from the guy that runs the yard where I keep my boat), but this is what I would have attempted;
www.youtube.com/embed/ABSCT7y9vnI

[EDIT] it seems that video embedding does not work anymore... Follow the link on HOW TO STEER WITH A DROGUE.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, ASA 101/103/104/105 Certified Instructor - Also certified in Recreational Marine Electrical Systems

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Getting back onto the water after undergoing knee surgery.

Last edited by eherlihy; 06-30-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to eherlihy For This Useful Post:
davidpm (07-04-2014)