SailNet Community - View Single Post - Alternatives to Bristol Channel Cutter for offshore single-handing?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007
Not So Senior Member

Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertoderoma View Post
.......1) Adequate below-deck accommodations. 6'+ headroom a BIG plus (I am 6'1")

OK on headroom, lots of storage space. I can keep everything I need on the boat and keep it need and safe.......

Alberto
Wait till you have to go to the head! Did you happen to notice the little 4' doorway you have to duck under to go forward in a BCC? That would get old fast for me. They are lovely boats, but for your requirements there are many equal, but less expensive models out there.

John Pollard is on point with his suggestions. If you could stretch the money alittle bit, there are a few PSC34 for sale near 100K on the left coast (you can talk them down some and get it for less). Also don't discount Westsail, you can pick one up for far less than 100k, and then put those savings into a few upgrades. Many of them are already fit out for offshore work (life raft, selfsteering, EPIRB, sea anchoring gear, etc. etc.).