SailNet Community - View Single Post - What's your biggest bonehead move sailing?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
ROFLMAO.....Need more Psychlorox again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreman View Post
Ok, here's another.....

When I was in college, I used to boom fly. You know, rig a bo'sun chair on the end of block and tackle and hang from the end of the boom. Get in and splash through the water as you sail (never while under power). It's fun when it works right.

Fast forward 25 years; I'm showing off for my wife and daughter. I rig the seat, use a preventer for the block & tackle, and skip the step that says "Get in the chair while it's suspended over the cockpit. I slip out of the chair, catch the end of the jib sheet while falling, hit the water, and lose my swim trunks in the boat's 4 kt wake. To the trunks from going past my ankles, I spread my legs as wide as they will go and take a mouth full of water. At this point I notice that the end of the sheet is wrapped around my neck and flick it off with my one free hand. At this point, I'm screaming for my wife to round up and stop the boat..... but she and my daughter are too busy laughing (I won't even imply why).... kept the shorts though......

Lessons Learned: Too many

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook