SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Which Site Are You Most Likely to Use To Sell Your Boat

11K views 32 replies 24 participants last post by  carlosuk 
#1 ·
#13 ·
Used Sailboatlistings, sailing texas, craigslist...
I got responses from ALL 3...
most of my most ridiculous responses were from sailboatlistings (you know, bring the boat to FL, and my shipping company will ship it to Argentina types)...

HOWEVER, I sold the boat through sailboatlistings.

IF I hadn't sold my boat though, I'd have then opted for yachtworld. While it requires a broker, they have several options with online brokers that do a decent job of "promoting" your boat. Plus they also have a thorough listing of soldboats so know what is a logical price and stick to it, to fight for you to sell at a decent price. I've dealt with several brokers while looking for my next boat. They all have a very lucid way to promote the boats they sell, and are willing to back up prices for their customers with facts. For this reason they'd be a my "fallback."

For a higher dollar boat ($15k or more for my pain threshold) I'd definitely consult a broker FIRST, not last.

#14 ·
Used Sailboatlistings, sailing texas, craigslist...
I got responses from ALL 3...
most of my most ridiculous responses were from sailboatlistings (you know, bring the boat to FL, and my shipping company will ship it to Argentina types)....
I used Good Old Boat and have two checks for several thousand dollars (and hundreds above the asking price) which I knew were worthless and did not deposit.

#26 ·
I had my boat on CL and SBL When I renewed my ad on SBL is when Shane the new owner saw it! So I did not sell my boat via CL like I really thought would happen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.