SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2014 Sailing Season
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: 2014 Sailing Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
OF COURSE the motor was in gear the whole time.

Dave, it's time to let it go. Your prosecutorial zeal on this is misplaced and unnecessary. Go enjoy the weekend.

I've made my terminology clear in the past:
No prosecutorial zeal at all Rick. Just correcting your terminology error.

Just don't want someone to follow you misguided actions and receive a possible citation and become a hazard to others by following your lead. I willingly admit my mistakes when I make them

So you did use the wrong term after all, you weren't idling. You gear was engaged and you were breaking the regulations. You principal propulsion was your sail.

The other boats you saw I am sure were doing what most other safe sailors were just like Colin, and I do using the sail to maintain balance, be seen around the many blind corners on the canal, and use the sails to BOOST their speed a little.

Just repeat after me...when my car is in gear..its not idling...when my boat is in gear...its not idling

BTW we are having an enjoyable sailing weekend , just like most others. Thank you your concern about my sailing time.

Now back to the regularly scheduled programming. This beautiful sailing weekend with our friends on the Chesapeake Bay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook