SailNet Community - View Single Post - Lots of General Questions
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007

jcook5003 is on a distinguished road
Lots of General Questions

Hey guys I have been lurking here forever but just registered this morning and have a few questions, I am in the research phase of cruising and have lots of questions to get me headed in the right direction......

I am going freelance with my web design which should allow to work from anywhere with internet access which should be fairly easy with marinas/satellite internet, and my wife makes jewelry which we hope to have up and running in an online store soon, so I think we should be able to sustian the cash flow required for cruising.

But I still need some general poking to get myself headed in the right direction, I know you guys here are obviously biased towards sailboats but whats your opinion on displacement fuel efficient motorboats for long term cruising, I would think the overall operation costs and maintence would come out to about the same......

Also I am still undecided on a cruising destination, I would either like to do the great loop cruise or head to the bahamas and carribean, any opinions?

Also I have always read you should buy the boat which will take you cruising now.....anyone have suggestion on makes/models to keep an eye open for that I can buy and "fix up" for an initial investment of $50K.....

Here again I feel like I must remind folks I am not trying to make any firm decisions here just get myself headed in the right direction for more specific questions.....

Thanks in advance for the input and advice
Josh
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook