SailNet Community - View Single Post - Aloha
Thread: Aloha
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2002

Alohalani is on a distinguished road
Aloha

Please contact me. I''m looking for information concerning the Aloha 32 that you are considering purchasing. The Aloha Owners Association is trying to track down every Aloha ever made. I''d appreciate getting the location of the vessel and Hull Identification Number of the boat. The HIN can be found on the upper right side of the transom.

As far as the Aloha 32 is conscerned, there were two models made, one with a v-berth forward and the other with a "salon forward" with the v-berth area used as storage/workshop area. They are a very well built boat designed by Mark Ellis. They are a smaller version of another Mark Ellis design, the Niagara 35.

There were approximately 80 Aloha 32''s made in Canada by Ouyang Boat Works between 1974 and 1988 when the firm went out of business. The boats are well known in Canada, but not as popular in the U.S. They are an excellent boat for the Great Lakes or Coastal Cruising. A few have been used for offshore work, but generally speaking, offshore folks want more room than that available in the 32.

The Westerbeke W21 is a good engine and well able to power the Aloha 32. The only problem that most folks have is the cost of replacement parts. Due to the age of most Aloha''s, parts are getting scarcer and, as a result, the prices are going up.

Should you purchase the boat, be sure to sign up with the Aloha Owners Association at www.alohaowners.com. Membership is free. The primary goal of the Aloha Owners Association is to act as a forum for the promotion of the fine sailing yachts marketed under the Aloha name. There is a SailNet message board available for the Aloha owners. There are sailors of various skill levels participating and I''m sure there is bound to be someone available to answer just about any question you may have about the Aloha boats.

Best regards

Perry Basden for the Aloha Owners Association
Windsor, Ontario
A34 #233 s/v Alohalani
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook