SailNet Community - View Single Post - Minimum waterline length for not-too-unpleasant PacCup/TransPac
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007

albertoderoma is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
What is wrong with a J105 for what you want to do. There is one fellow here in the NW that has done the Vic-maui a few times with one, and is now headed out for a 2 yr cruise in one!

if you want it to be a bit nicer, a J109 might fit the bill if this is a style of boat you like. The dana's or equal are nice yachts, there are a few locally in my marina on the sound. Look slower than the perverbial dead slug going backwards!

Then again, i think even if I was going to do a world cruise or some uch race as transpac/vic-maui/Van-isle, I would look at seaworthy fin keel personally vs a full keel. that is me, there is no right or wrong to what type of boat one should choose!

marty
Hi Marty,

I am 6'1" and the J/105 accommodations are a bit too uncomfortable and spartan for a 2weeks+ trip. What can I say, I've done the ULDB and 4' of headroom thing, I am looking for a change of pace. The J/109 looks fabulous and quite possibly it's the best combination racer/cruiser out there - but the go for $220K+ USED and sell almost immediately in the used market.

Alberto
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook