SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pros and cons of steel sailboats
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

Jon:
If you don't think that FRANCIS could be a "trans-oceanic Cruiser" I would really like to know exactly, in detail, why you think that. Be very specific. I'll wait.

And while I am waiting I will read again about the myriad of boat types that have circumnavigated successfully.

Sometimes I wonder if we have not been brain washed into thinking only one type works for offshore cruising. Each type has it's limitations and advantages. But does that totally eliminate one type? I'm asking. I don't have the answer although I'm inclined to think that you can cruise offshore in just about any sound boat if you are a good sailor. Some very odd boats have made some successful circumnavigations, including the Baba 30.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site

Last edited by bobperry; 07-09-2014 at 09:37 PM.