SailNet Community - View Single Post - BoatBound?
Thread: BoatBound?
View Single Post
post #9 of Old 07-10-2014
Send a message via AIM to kptmorgan04
Re: BoatBound?

I placed my boat on boatbound a few days ago to see what would happen before crunching the numbers and realizing how much that 35% service fee really cut into the daily rate.
I got a bite within a day for a possible weekend reservation, where I will not be using the boat. Each member has a profile and if they have rented or chartered out a boat before, members are encouraged to give feedback on other party to build reputation etc.
I am not sure yet if I want to do it as it will end up bringing about $325 to me for a two day rental.

For a few obvious reasons, here are my concerns/reservations.
1) Letting someone else who I do not know use my boat for an overnight
2) Having the boat in "charter" condidition for someone else to utilize it. While I keep my boat tidy, there are things that would need to be done differently after every time I use the boat if I was going to be renting it out.
3) My boat is currently on a mooring, which makes doing #2 a little more difficult than swinging by the marina to accomplish.

Where I think it would work best:
Someone who really doesnt use their boat much and could dedicate large chunks of time where the boat would almost exclusively be chartered. That way there wouldnt be the constant "keeping it charter ready" while using it at the same time.

Will provide feedback if I end up using the service.

New owner of a Lippincott 30!
Hailing from the West River, MD
Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to kptmorgan04 For This Useful Post:
eherlihy (07-10-2014)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome