SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cruising On A Cal 20
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007

RickLaPaz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by willykunkle View Post
Read John Vigor's "20 Small Sailboats to Take You Anywhere". He STRONGLY disagrees with you. Not everyone can afford a 50k+ for a boat. Maybe you're sick of young, capable people with big plans, personally I'm kinda getting sick of old elitist yuppies who think you need to be born rich to sail a boat.
It's just solid advice, Pal. Take it or leave it. And just because Vigor says you can doesn't mean crap. Because everyone knows that the boat (a good one at least) will usually fare better than the person driving it.

And 50K is the perfect number for people seriously considering off shore work. Ten K is not even remotely close.

BTW, are YOU capable? That's by far the most important question........

And trust me, Yuppie is the last thing I am. I'm the youngest 50 y/o kid you'll ever meet. I live in go-heads and shorts and listen to AFI and Linkin' Park. And I love to share my adventures with kids and give advice and encourage them when I can. Safely and wisely, that is--not foolishly. But hey, have at it. And next time your here in So Cal, catch the Cal 20 fleet at work when it's blowing 22. That may cure you of your unrealistic dreams..........
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook