SailNet Community - View Single Post - HerSailnet...Ground Rules
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007
Crazy Woman Boat Driver

Melrna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Melrna Send a message via Yahoo to Melrna
First thing I want to to say is Thank you to the moderators. It is long over due. While tongue and cheek and locker room talk has it's place in some settings, I felt in Hersailnet it didn't. They guys have made comments in the past that women don't post here often and I have always contend that they won't due to locker room talk that sometimes happens here. Sailnet offers a great venue to great discussion's on matters related to sailing. It has a worldwide audience therefore, with it a certain amount of responsibility occurs. I put out the gauntlet to the moderators that they have a choice on the quality of where they want this great website to be and go too. No other public forum on the internet allows the locker room talk that this site offers with maybe the exception of SA (sailing anarchy). I don't have a problem really myself in this talk but I am thinking of the others that don't or rarely post here of either gender because they are afraid of getting slander for all to see. I don't think most people care for that. If someone wants to ask a question or raise an issue one shouldn't be afraid of the responses they might get.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook