SailNet Community - View Single Post - HerSailnet...Ground Rules
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Eryka...thanks...the blue boat remains lonely but we have some folks coming to see it. They are supposed to wash her down and clean the exterior a bit for me in the next few days...pls. let me know if she is not looking good by boat show time!! Thanks.

Mel...happy to make it nicer here but we don't plan to change much outside of this subforum. I see the rest of the site as somewhere between the Anarchy of SA and the dullness of a couple of the other forums and without the raunchiness of Lat& Atts ... so some will look elsewhere and others will find a happy home here. Cheers!! (g)

PB...I will disagree. While we allow a bit more leeway in the of topic threads...there is plenty of room for strong opinions in the sailing threads. Some ideas are dangerous or idiotic and deserve ridicule. I think sarcasm, ridicule and well reasoned responses all have a place here. I also think that once a legitimate question has been answered fully, part of the unique appeal of this site is how we let the humor take over. It is against the rules here to attack people...it is not against the rules to attack ideas or plans or stupid comments. (I am thinking of CCP, Cjoe, Knothead and others in this context.) There are plenty of places to go for factual boring discussions of what anchor to buy...I have yet to find another sailnet.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook