SailNet Community - View Single Post - share with me, your words of wisdom
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014
bradyawl

bradyawl is on a distinguished road
Re: share with me, your words of wisdom

JayMcay - I'm in a similar position looking for my first real sailboat..... I sure hope you find your boat, and try the live aboard experience. I don't want to kill the dream, but know that the odds are that someday you will meet someone, and with kids, eventually live on land again - so please do this soon, while you can. I am as guilty as anyone at working hard to find the "right" car/house/thing.. and a couple of years go by and SO MUCH changes, and I am wanting to upgrade because of the education on the first acquisition, and because money changes too. You will be a chef sometime soon, and the income will go way up, as I'm sure you know. Get something reasonable for now, do some work, and upgrade if that time comes. A sound survey, a good sea trial, asking around that marina if others know the boat, and your own experience taken from all this advice on this forum, and you will be fine. Someone here on Sailnet has a great tag line; "Take her out for a sail in the ocean - if anything is gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there". Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook