SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boatless - need advise
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2002

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Boatless - need advise

Gene,

I have not found Lat 38 to have significantly better prices than Florida. The other issue is the cost of shipping a boat cross country to Lake Norman. With a 5 year plan to sell, I would think that price and not having to ship the boat (even from Florida) would be important. I would suggest that to some extent the best deal may not be an ideal boat, but a boat that is readily available on Lake Norman, whatever that may be.

I would think that Hunters, Catalinas and Beneteaus would be fine in a venue like Lake Norman. (the Beneteau Firsts are generally a little better built than the other two manufacturers but have some ''Euro'' details that may not appeal to you.

If you cna find one, a Tartan 30 or 31 are both really nice boats that are a step up in build quality and performance. Pearson made a number of nice boats in that size range that might suit you and which would fall somewhere between Hunter/Catalina option and Tartans.

Jeff
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook