SailNet Community - View Single Post - CRUISING WITH CHILDREN
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2002

magnusmurphy is on a distinguished road
CRUISING WITH CHILDREN

I am considering going on a one to two year cruise in four years. At that time my daughters will be 13 and 11. I think the challenges will be quite different from those faced by people with younger children.

Our biggest concern is of course education. At the moment both are in a private school an receive the best education money can buy (it is our highest priority). If we find that such a cruise will seriously undermine our daughter''s chances, we simply will not go, simple as that. One of the reasons we are even considering this however, is for us to spend more time together as a family. Current life is so busy that one tends to live separate lives, and then...they are grown up and gone.

We are planning to talk to their school''s principle soon to explore homeschool educational possibilities and realities.

The pros and cons in this situation is terrifying and difficult to reconcile. Neither my wife nor I are teachers, but we are willing to plan and make an effort. I would appreciate any comments, especially from those who have struggled with the same decision.

Private E-mail:
mmurphy@cintek.com

Thanks

Magnus Murphy
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook