SailNet Community - View Single Post - FREE LIZA COPELAND!
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2002

JohnDrake is on a distinguished road
FREE LIZA COPELAND!

To all:

I had the pleasure of talking with Liza Copeland at the Annapolis Boat show this past weekend. For those of you who might not know, she is one of the major sailing book authors who also contributes articles here on SailNet. The ones that appear on the top right of the main SailNet page. The articles that inform and inspire us, make us examine the kind of sailing we wish to do and the boats we wish to have.

Aside from being completely charming and eloquent, Liza has circumnavigated aboard a Beneteau 38 with her husband and 3 children. Reading her articles here on SailNet and elsewhere over the past few years has contributed greatly to sharpening the choice of my ultimate boat. Her articles and the many other authors that contribute here are one of the reasons I surf into SailNet as often as I do.

BUT, SailNet is going to STOP this feature on the site!!! Thats it, its over. NO MORE ARTICLES from highly experienced authors who have been there and done that!

I am very dissapointed and sad to hear this. As stated, those articles are one of the reasons I surf into SailNet....and subsequently see the ads for the sales here and BUY things.

SAM, say it ain''t so.

I think we might be able to change Sam Boyle''s mind. Sam is the owner of SailNet, a great guy and very reasonable. If enough of us email him or post here... maybe we can get the ever charming Liza back, along with everyone else!

So, I am asking the folks that come here to consider this and if they value these articles as much as I do, please EMAIL SAM and ask him to reconsider.

Sam, honestly, its good business. Content drives activity.

FREE LIZA COPELAND and bring her back!

Thanks

John
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook