SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Stantion Location, Mac 21

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jhnblngr 
#1 ·
Is anyone able to provide me with location dimentions for Pulpit and stantions for a Mac 21. I am retrofitting these and consequently do not have any guide.
I'm assuming i will neet to reinforce the deck with something (ply) directly below the mounting points.
Thanks

#2 ·
stanchion and pulpit position

i have a 69 venture. my pulpit is positioned so that my danforth anchor, hanging from its bracket, is 2" in front of the bow. the stanchions are 68" apart, with the forward one roughly positioned at the point where the curve up from the deck to the cabin top begins. i could measure but if your boat is not exactly like mine it might just get more confusing. rememer to put on lifelines, turnbuckles, and connecting hardware before drilling holes. open the turnbuckle at least halfway to allow for stretch. talk to someone at the yard for more tips. my bolt thru's are tapped through solid fg and have metal backing plates, washers, and locking nuts. good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.