SailNet Community - View Single Post - HerSailnet...Ground Rules
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007
Crazy Woman Boat Driver

Melrna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Melrna Send a message via Yahoo to Melrna
Sailway.. I hear you.. and I am trying to maybe bring it back if I can. I hope to keep some of the locker talk out of here. Why I ask the moderators to put some controls in here.

Sailhag. .. Welcome. great story. I can relate. Last year I sailed alone a lot and it took the guys a few months to figure I was for real ( can handle the boat) and them not coming to my rescue. Chivalry may still exist out there. Now, when I do sail alone or with other women , I think most of the guys that see me(us) are saying to themselves, "Way to go", "Wish my wife would do that" or maybe other thoughts of the romantic nature. I don't consider myself a looker or the age of models either but as sailors go, their standards are well,, you'll figure it out. Just look at all the pictures they post on the other threads.. LOL.

We women can sail if they have the want, desire and motivation. I have a saying that I call the three AAA's: Attitude, Aptitude, Ambition. A pearl of wisdom that most succussful people have.
Melissa
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook