SailNet Community - View Single Post - How big is too big for one man?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
Re: How big is too big for one man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chall03 View Post
Nah. As long as you have a sat phone you'll be fine

We have spent a bit of time cruising the Australian East Coast so we were going to head out into the near Pacific this year but for varying reasons we are now looking at "going larger going later". Please don't tell the Pardeys.

No RH didn't influence this decision.
(If something that happens to a boat on the the other side of the world influenced our confidence offshore then we probably shouldn't be there anyway).

Sorry about the thread drift.

We're "in the same boat." We really want, for sanity reasons, to get both kiddos through the toddler phase and into the kid phase before we go off and spend long periods in a confined space. This delayed our departure time and allowed us to buy a better (arguably bigger) more comfortable and family oriented boat. Yeah, don't tell the pardey's what I'm doing either. They were my heroes above all others when I was broke and living on a wooden boat. They still have my total respect, but their way just isn't for me.

MedSailor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook