SailNet Community - View Single Post - I think I've been snookered
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007

HoffaLives is on a distinguished road
Couple of things. I expected a "suck it up" reply, and to the heartless bastard who offered it, here's hoping you catch your wife in bed with a jockey named Osama.

For the dude who likes my writing style, I wish he would tell those illiterate baboons in New York.

As to the insurance, up here in igloo land we pay and the insurance co pays. SOP. The deductable is 1% - 1 grand. The rest is fixing old, screwy repairs done in the past by a yard specializing in yacht repairs and coffins. Run by a one-eyed Russian on the lam from the Stalingrad mob.

The damage was a prop wrap that bent the shaft, and made the engine jump so that the shaft log snapped. 10 big ones, and I'm not talking aroused dwarves and a foxy stripper named Snow White either. Wait, wasn't that seven dwarves? Sneezy, Happy, Horny...ahhh WTF.

I suppose it wouldn't be so bad except for the sprung raw water pump when we first put her in the water. Said rebuilt pump rebuilt three more times. And the windlass and alternator that blew on her maiden voyage. Both depthsounders going, the leaking propane system that suddenly needed replacing, the new Dickenson furnace that broke down, the new tankwatch system, ALL the engine gauges, fuel tank sender and gauge, the mainsail repair, etc, etc etc.

Like I said we owned this boat only a couple of months, and none of this was on the survey. I expected $$$ for upgrades as we went along, not $$$$$$$ from bad luck.

Somebody said write for money. Hah. I'd sell my ass but you can't afford me.

I'm starting to suspect that my wife is buggering things up while I'm asleep, and a pox on those of you with dirty minds.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook