SailNet Community - View Single Post - I think I've been snookered
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Sorry to hear about it HoffaLives.

I didn't see where someone told you to suck it up, I even went back and reread everyone's post and didn't see it ? Anyway, I don't think anyone is being like that, accidents happen, could happen to any one of us.

As for the lifestyle, no helpful words there. All I can say for myself is that I've tried to keep the boat costs down so that my boat never becomes something too precious to use. Sure, I like looking at all the spit and polish on other people's boats, but that's just not for me. If I had a really nice boat all i would do is sit around worrying about it all the time.

It's so easy to spend money on boats. I mean I went into it thinking it would basically be a hull with sails on it, and a rudder, and I was very serious about keeping costs down and only buying necessities. But I've been seduced into solar panels and some of the rest too. It's easy to spend that few hundred here, few hundred there, and before you know it she's precious.

Hope it all works out for you soon.

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by wind_magic; 10-06-2007 at 01:28 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook